ToDo (including archive)

Here you find the issues that have to be worked on by the core team and all the contributing people, as they have been agreed on during the core team meetings or added by core team members between their regular meetings. This to-do list is sorted by date with the latest entries on top.

New entries until half an hour before the start of the meeting please.

Topics for future meetings

  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • what about "community builds"? (cinnamon,...)
  • what about an xmonad flavour?
  • discuss and vote on having an offtopic/social channel in irc
  • project state: where are we, where do we want to go, and are we moving into the right direction?
  • what's the latest about jenkins?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • what's the new installer's status?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • discuss including gpl-compatible blobs into our kernels (user poll?)
  • <new topic here>

Core team meeting 23.6.2013

  • what's the latest about jenkins?
  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • what about an xmonad flavour?
  • what about "community builds"? (cinnamon,...)
  • what's the new installer's status?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • discuss including gpl-compatible blobs into our kernels (user poll?)
  • discuss and vote on having an offtopic/social channel in irc

Core team meeting 16.6.2013

  • what about weekly core-meetings until 13.1.1?
  • what about jenkins?
  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • when are we to release 13.1.1 (+/- 10 days)?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • what about an xmonad flavour?
  • what about "community builds"? (cinnamon,...)
  • what's the new installer's status?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • discuss including gpl-compatible blobs into our kernels (user poll?)
  • project state: where are we, where do we want to go, and are we moving into the right direction?

Core team meeting 2.6.2013

  • what about jenkins?
  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • when are we to release 13.1.1 (release-goals, systemd, secureboot)?
  • are we to move our core team meetings to an earlier time, e.g. sundays at 6 pm ce(s)t?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • what about an xmonad flavour?
  • what about "community builds"? (cinnamon,...)
  • what's the new installer's status?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • discuss including gpl-compatible blobs into our kernels (user poll?)
  • are we to reinvite cryptosteve into our core team? what about other candidates?
  • afterthoughts to linuxtag 2013
  • how could we improve our performance at exhibitions, what do we need?
  • project state: where are we, where do we want to go, and are we moving into the right direction?

Core team meeting 12.5.2013

Core team meeting 5.5.2013

Core team meeting 28.4.2013

Core team meeting 14.4.2013

  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • vote on including gpl-compatible blobs into our kernels (minding the results of the user poll)
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • discuss the results of the next release's name's user poll
  • vote on convbsd joining our core team (to fill the gap cryptosteve left)

Core team meeting 17.3.2013

  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • vote on including gpl-compatible blobs into our kernels (minding the results of the user poll)
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • discuss the results of the next release's name's user poll
  • core team: discuss the resignment of cryptosteve and offer his seat to convbsd

Core team meeting 3.3.2013

Core team meeting 17.2.2013

Core team meeting 3.2.2013

  • release goals for 2013.1
  • what's the latest about our new forum?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • what about jenkins (debian glue and configuration)?
  • do we want to move current razorqt to extra and to create a new rqt-next repo to reflect the current (unstable) changes?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • Kernel with blobs, as the blobs are gpl-compatible. (in debian.de long term maintainers recommend the unofficial Kernels and cpu-microcodes) We are not debian, we can do the right thing straight from the beginning

Core team meeting 20.1.2013

  • pyfll package lists
  • fll-installer (sync after fdisk)
  • fbcondecor and userland tool (do we really want to have these?)
  • what about jenkins (debian glue and configuration)?
  • what's the new manual's status?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • do we want to have a debian-next repo? (to get packages rotting in experimental, as santa suggests)
  • do we want to move current razorqt to extra and to create a new rqt-next repo to reflect the current (unstable) changes?

Core team meeting 6.1.2013

We didn't have core team meetings in December, because we prepared RC2 and final releases then (so we had rather release meetings) or didn't have anything urgent to discuss or decide.

Core team meeting 25.11.2012

Core team meeting 11.11.2012

Core team meeting 4.11.2012

  • when are we to have beta/rc and final release of 12.2?
  • what is the state of 12.2 release art?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • are we to vote on having non-free user packages (source code, anyway)?
  • do we want to have an IRC proxy on our server? (so team members have access to backlog)
  • what do we do, if anything, about siduction.com?

Core team meeting 28.10.2012

  • when are we to have beta/rc and final release of 12.2?
  • what is the state of 12.2 release art?
  • what needs to be done in detail on restructuring general and flavour-wise customization?
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9
  • are we to accept non-free user packages (source code, anyway)?

Core team meeting 21.10.2012

  • what is the state of 12.2 release art?
  • report on the state of flavours, especially xfce and rqt
  • how do we want to restructure general and flavour-wise customization?
  • guideline for user packages, ref: #812
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy? (default: no, later)
  • feedback issues: http://chili.siduction.org/projects/siduction/issues?query_id=9

Core team meeting 7.10.2012

  • are all (regular) flavours in good shape?
  • where are we with our website project?
  • is the new webserver functional? are there any shortcomings?
  • are we to offer our test-isos (the link to them) to the public?
  • is our noX flavour good to go? (1 week left)
  • how do we want to restructure general and flavour-wise customization?
  • guideline for user packages, ref: #812
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy? (default: no, later)

Core team meeting 23.9.2012

  • release plan - can we agree on a timeline?
  • what is the current state of our new website and what needs to be done to finish?
  • how do we want to restructure general and flavour-wise customization?
  • guideline for user packages, ref: #812
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy? (default: no, later)

Core team meeting 2.9.2012

  • how do we want to restructure general and flavour-wise customization?
  • do we want to have a gnome flavour (as development release first)?
  • is the nox flavour ready for a development release?
  • wishlist packages: http://chili.siduction.org/issues/812 (if not really needed, user-repository, we should mention this more often)
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy? (default: no, later)
  • state the result of our release name poll (http://siduction.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=2714)
  • when are we to release 12.2? (latest suggestions: sept 15, end of sept)

Core team meeting 19.8.2012

  • decide on cache/mirror for our buildserver
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy?
  • start call for a release name (with the same procedure?)
  • what new features shall 2012.2 ship?
  • how do we want to restructure general and flavour-wise customization?

Core team meeting 5.8.2012

  • decide on cache/mirror for our buildserver
  • decide on compromise for pyfll package lists
  • decide on repository structure and new repos/repo names
  • siduction/community repository: what to use for and where to put the sources (bitbucket, github)?
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy?

Core team meeting 22.7.2012

  • details on the debian mirror on our build server
  • updates about testing jenkins, are we ready to deploy?
  • refine repository structure: which packages should be moved to which repository?
  • siduction/community repository: what to use for and where to put the sources (bitbucket, github)?
  • how to re-organize our pyfll package lists?
  • any objections against turning off our calendar (as it isn't really used)?

Core team meeting 8.7.2012

  • election of two new core members?
  • xfce 4.10 and siduction
  • discuss siducation: recent state and plans for the future?
  • how to re-organize our pyfll package lists?

Core team meeting 20.6.2012 (delayed from 17.6.2012)

  • are there any fix-release related issues left?
  • details on the code freeze prior to any release
  • how are we to deal with the 2 core members that are awol?

Core team meeting 3.6.2012

  • LinuxTag 2012 resume
  • are we to establish a code freeze 24 h prior to any release?
  • are we to have a debian mirror on our build server?
  • are we to use/test jenkins?
  • what about a siduction noX/core flavour?
  • siduction 12.1 Desperado resume
  • are we to test live-build (or other build systems) on our build server?
  • are we to allow contributors to use our build server for their projects?

Core team meeting 20.5.2012

  • are we ready for final release on 2012-05-21?
  • what is the state of razor-qt?

Core team meeting 13.5.2012

  • are we to delay our rc, for example, for 2 oder 3 days?
  • discuss remaining open issues, especially release-critical ones

Core team meeting 6.5.2012

  • hama on sidu-install and sidu-disk-center
  • artwork for razor and desperado (invited hendrikl)
  • news on razor-builds
  • spending money for LT
  • how is the DE's doing for release?
  • is btrfs ready as an alternative in our installer?

Core team meeting 29.4.2012

  • final thoughts on nm integration?
  • apturl for siducation?
  • reconsidering our release plan?
  • razor-qt release needs help
  • maintainance release? when to release?

Core team meeting 15.4.2012

  • final thoughts on nm integration?
  • apturl for siducation. why is it important?
  • reconsidering our release plan?
  • Amazon Affiliate Program (https://partnernet.amazon.de/) - objections?
  • razor-qt artwork
  • are we to set up a little http server on our build server for providing iso files and packages for testing purposes more easily?

Core team meeting 25.3.2012

  • razor-qt plans (unrelated to 2012.1)
  • release 2012.1: when and how?
  • Bienchen for agaida for unconditional work mania
  • squash some old bugs (if outdated, drop them)
  • drop the german front and get rid of newsid in chili
  • two kernel-versions (konservative and one with bfs and bfq, if available) instead of switching kernel capabilities
  • are we to have weekly core team meetings again until release of 2012.1?

Core team meeting 11.3.2012

  • ideas and dates for 2012.1
  • should we include network-manager, and if so, as no. 1?
  • kernel-remover: --yes option, nicer interface?

Core team meeting 26.2.2012

  • vote on a name for 2012.1
  • vote on designs for rollup, banner and t-shirt
  • what is the current state of our new web-presence? what's missing?
  • we should enter developement-cycle for 2012.1 soon - thoughts?

Core team meeting 12.2.2012

  • Do we want a Linux-User-Edition accompanying my article for the magazine shipped on march 15th?
  • How is the donation-sprint going so far?
  • USB-sticks need to be ordered until 15.2.to be delivered in time.
  • Design for Roll-Up and Banner
  • Design for T-Shirts
  • Poster-Generator for CLT (se7en)

Core team meeting 29.1.2012

  • How do we think about a donation sprint? (we need to finance merchandise)
  • Hunt for a name for 2012.1 needs to start soon. How to go about it? (Naming 2012.1)
  • What does the new site need to be releasable (timeframe?)
  • Once again: release plan for 2012.1 revisited

Core team meeting 15.1.2012

Additional topics to be prepared

  • when are we to have our first release in 2012 (12.1)?
  • what do the teams plan to do for the 12.1 release?
  • what are urgent topics at the moment, especially those we don't focus on enough?
  • our art-team needs to think about merchandise and posters/banners/pull-ups
  • do we want to revive seminarix/siducation and who will do it?
  • are we to have only one thread (de/en mixed) for upgrade warnings in our forum?
  • are we to test building isos with debian's live-build?
  • which kind of paste service do we want/need to have?

Core team meeting 1.1.2012

After our first release on Dec 30th, we need some rest and don't see any urgent need to have a core team meeting on Jan 1st. So we decided to cancel this one and to have our next one regularly on Jan 15th.

Things that have to be done

  • finish and translate the release notes for our first release
  • find and solve all release critical bugs before release
  • release 11.1 'One Step Beyond' on Dec 30th
  • maybe put some effort in making our website less ugly and aptosidish
  • get our primary and some secondary mirrors ready for spreading siduction
  • ask GoinEasy9 to be our mirror-master

Core team meeting 27.12.2011

Results

  • stated that on Dec 21st a release candidate was published
  • stated that a chili wiki page was created for the release notes
  • agreed on taking money from the donations if needed to buy hardware for testing purposes
  • stated that there are a few release critical bugs that need to be solved before release
  • agreed on having our first release on Dec 30th
  • agreed on waiting for the new Joomla release (about Jan 10)
  • stated that we won't release our new website in time with our first release
  • collected latest news on our mirrors world-wide
  • advertised a job as our mirror-master and suggested GoinEasy9 for it
  • agreed on having our regular core team meetings fortnightly again after release

Additional topics to be prepared

  • are we ready to release by the end of this year (until Dec 30th)?
  • are we also ready to (sanely) release our new website?
  • are we to wait for the new Joomla version before releasing our new website?
  • we should fund money to buy (inexpensive) hardware needed to debug issues
  • is there any volunteer applying for being our 'mirror-master'?

Things that have to be done

  • publish a release candidate until Dec 21st at last
  • search, find and solve bugs, especially release critical ones
  • get detailed information about the state of our new website (Joomla, kunera)
  • get the primary and secondary mirrors ready for serving siduction
  • create a chili wiki page for our release notes including credits

Core team meeting 18.12.2011

Results

  • stated that another set of siduction testing images has been published
  • considered kde panel issue and pt_BR localization release critical
  • agreed on creating a chili wiki page for our release notes to make adding/correcting credits easier
  • agreed on using spline (Berlin) as our primary mirror and three in the U.S. as secondary mirrors
  • stated that the bluewater manual although already forked still needs a lot of work
  • decided by vote on the official wallpaper for our first release: dices
  • agreed on having a release candidate published until Dec 21st at last (including lxde flavour)
  • stated that our new website won't probably be ready until our first release (though heavy work in progress)

Additional topics to be prepared

  • are we ready for a release candidate on Dec 19th?
  • which of the bugs that are left over are considered release critical?
  • how and when are we to handle the forum move (from zikula to joomla/kunera)?
  • edit/complete the credit list in the release note (anyone missing?)
  • <new topic here>

Things that have to be done

  • build and publish another set of siduction testing images early next week
  • get the mirror(s) ready for providing siduction images and packages
  • get our new website design ready for being deployed to siduction.org
  • fork and edit the bluewater manual to be ready for use with siduction
  • decide on the official release wallpaper (drafts can be found here)

Core team meeting 11.12.2011

Results

  • stated that first sets of siduction images have been published for selected testers
  • stated that feedback has been collected and bugs are being resolved
  • delayed the discussion about deployment of the new website design to siduction.org
  • stated that a new set of siduction testing images will be published early next week
  • agreed on trying to publish a release candidate on Dec 19th and the first release on Dec 26th

Additional topics to be prepared

  • discuss devil's release proposal

Things that have to be done

  • publish first siduction images for selected testers and collect the feedback
  • get our new website design ready for being deployed to siduction.org
  • continue heavy building and testing of packages and iso images

Core team meeting 04.12.2011

Results

  • agreed on weekly core team meetings until the first release and maybe after
  • stated that gallery.siduction.org is used again fot presenting artwork drafts
  • stated that our domain maintenance guideline has been written down at last
  • stated that first siduction packages and iso images have been built
  • agreed on publishing a first version for selected testers next week
  • stated that a first version of the new website design will be ready by next weekend
  • reminded us to get possible siduction mirrors prepared until december 15th
  • agreed on having kde and xfce flavours on i386 and amd64 architectures as our first release
  • agreed on include extra packages that are not in debian (yet) if possible
  • discussed if we should include non-free software (e.g. firmware) on siduction iso images

Additional topics to be prepared

  • do any of the release-team members have any time constraints from Dec 23 to Jan 2?

Things that have to be done

  • use gallery.siduction.org again for presenting artwork drafts
  • write down shortly our domain maintenance guideline
  • create first siduction packages as soon as possible (by applying a workaround for signing if needed)
  • start building and testing first iso images of siduction very soon
  • create an alpha version of siduction until december 1st at last (to be still able to release this year)
  • create a template for our website (by support of an external expert if needed)
  • prepare possible siduction mirrors until december 15th at last (before vacations start)
  • discuss basics (if wanted), releases, flavours and repositories of siduction

Core team meeting 20.11.2011

Results

  • stated that we'll use the droid font for text and menus/titles (if the logo font isn't available)
  • stated that creating artwork for our first release is work in progress
  • asked cryptosteve to write down our domain maintenance guideline soon
  • stated that our build server and initial packages have been set up and are ready for building
  • stated that packages haven't been built yet due to a problem with package signing
  • stated that pyfll is ready for building first images of siduction
  • stated that adapting the CD to our design has almost been finished
  • stated that a lot of work (and maybe external knowledge) is needed to apply the CD to our website
  • collected the latest information about possible mirrors for siduction
  • delayed discussions of basics, releases, flavours and repositories to the next meeting

Additional topics to be prepared

  • how often are we to release new versions of siduction?
  • are there any concrete reasons for the slow-down of recent development (packages/images, website)?
  • are we to have a discussion about basics (what siduction is to be) again?
  • which 'flavours' of siduction should be released (minimal, xfce, kde-lite, kde-full, others)?

Things that have to be done

  • finish setting up the build server and the initial siduction packages
  • build and test internally first siduction packages and images
  • decide on the fonts to be used for siduction (extraordinary meeting: 13.11.2011, 20:00 CET, #siduction-core)
  • finish adapting the CD to our design and starting its deployment onto our website
  • start creating artwork needed for and reflecting our first release and its name
  • write down shortly our domain maintenance guideline
  • collect the latest news and efforts concerning siduction mirrors
  • discuss on further repositories and their structure (e.g. user repositories)

Core team meeting 06.11.2011

Results

  • stated that both the build server and all initial siduction packages will be ready by next wednesday
  • stated that first builds of packages and images will be done by the end of next week
  • delayed the decision on if to fork fll-installer to the next meeting
  • disagreed on the fonts to use for siduction and delayed it to an extraordinary meeting next sunday
  • agreed on finishing the CD by the 15th and integrating it into our website by the 30th of november
  • stated that kdm-art is work in progress and agreed on having more time spent to finish it
  • agreed on having our own grub-art, but maybe not for our first release if that can't be done
  • decided on the name of our first release: One Step Beyond
  • agreed to some kind of user participation (suggestions, maybe elections) for future releases' names
  • stated that the domain maintenance guideline still needs to be written down
  • stated that our public calendar made its way onto the map of siduction
  • collected some news on mirror servers and delayed further discussion to the next meeting
  • delayed the discussion on further repositories and their structure to the next meeting

Additional topics to be prepared

  • what to do with fll-installer, in case we don't need to fork? where to pull it from?
  • which fonts should we use on our website, wiki, manual etc?
  • are we ready to start building packages and images, and if not why not?
  • are we ready to make our CD meet joomla to set up our website, and if not why not?
  • how are we to decide on the name of the first release (which should happen soon)?
  • check (and maybe decide on) the latest artwork, e.g. kdm-art drafts
  • do we want to have grub-art?

Things that have to be done

  • integrate the elected design into the CD and the new website
  • add a link to the public calendar to the map of siduction
  • deploy cryptosteve's suggestion for a domain maintenance guideline
  • create all necessary initial siduction packages to be ready for building
  • discuss the structure of our repository (and a kind of roadmap if possible)
  • set up our build server and start test builds
  • get more concrete information on possible mirror servers

Core team meeting 23.10.2011

Results

  • stated the webdesign and its colours according to the election results
  • stated that the public and the private calandars are seperated from each other
  • summed up the latest news on possible siduction mirrors in germany, usa and brazil
  • agreed on cryptosteve's suggestion for a domain maintenance guideline
  • delayed the packages' initial setup to the following week
  • stated that further discussion on the structure of our repository is needed

Additional topics to be prepared

  • what kind of repo do we want?
  • what will happen to Frickelplatz?
  • make Steves recommendation regarding DNS changes default
  • what remains to be done with regard to packages?

Things that have to be done

  • create a draft for a domain maintenance guideline to decide on finally
  • set up two calendars (public/internal) and find out if more are needed
  • get in or keep contact to people providing access to mirror servers world-wide
  • decide on our web design and a set of colours for siduction

Core team meeting 9.10.2011

Results

  • stated that our web design (and its colours) is work in progress, to be decided on next sunday
  • accepted the draft for the map of siduction
  • agreed on starting a discussion on rules for domain maintenance on the core mailing list
  • agreed on using joomla (and kunera) as our portal (and forums) software
  • agreed on using aptosid on our build server (to be replaced by siduction as soon as possible)
  • decided on setting up two seperate calendars (public/internal, and more if needed, for eg the dev team)
  • confirmed that all our irc logs should be accessible publically
  • summed up the efforts concerning possible mirrors of siduction so far
  • stated that most of the unnecessary chili plugins have already been removed

Additional topics to be prepared

  • which of chili's plugins do we really need and which ones can be disabled/deleted?

Core team meeting 25.9.2011

Results

The core team meeting on 25.9.2011 has been cancelled spontaneously, because there was nothing really serious and urgent needing to be discussed about or decided on, and we thought that we could spent that time better by focussing on working on our web design. All the topics below to be prepared for this meeting will stay on the agenda until the next core team meeting.

Additional topics to be prepared

  • how many calendars do we need and which of them should be public and/or read-only?
  • which of all the available irc logs should be published and where (main page, chili)?

Things that have to be done

  • set up our project calendar using horde with an account on its own
  • prepare in detail what to run on our build server
  • test joomla and maybe phpbb or other cms software fitting our needs
  • set up restrictive rules for domain maintenance and write them down (a draft at least)
  • create a draft for the map of siduction (as/and a start page) in e.g. the chili wiki
  • create drafts for colour schemes for siduction and its logo (-> art team)

Core team meeting 11.9.2011

Results

  • decided on the logo for siduction: 'the dots'
  • agreed on using horde for our project calendar, running on an account on its own
  • agreed on setting up restrictive rules for domain maintenance
  • collected efforts concerning mirrors for siduction at universities, mostly in germany so far
  • agreed on replacing zikula as soon as some other secure and reliable solution has been found, candidates: joomla, phpbb e.g.
  • postponed map of siduction and start page issues to the next core team meeting
  • agreed on a lean setup of our build server, maybe running debian stable with a virtualized debian sid on top
  • agreed on putting more effort into the internationalization of our project to be more attractive to users world-wide

Additional topics to be prepared

  • finish off the map of siduction and decide where it goes (if you have any additions, now is the time)
  • should we stick to zikula or change to some nicer CMS like e.g. Joomla?
  • should we have a 'Start Page' to host e.g. the siduction map and other rather static content?
  • what services shall be moved to the new build server?
  • siduction should become more attractive to english speaking users and contributors soon

Things that have to be done

  • solution for calendar/groupware: google calendar?
  • plans for a mirror team providing siduction mirrors world-wide
  • set up a guideline for domain maintenance (e.g. new subdomains)
  • decision on the siduction logo (and maybe more concerning our artwork)